Friday, February 22, 2013

Makeup

In Yunnan summer 2012
When I first met Jinlin on-line and when we were travelling together in Yunnan in summer 2012 she did not use any make-up. We had been briefly touching the subject in some of our chats and agreed that it is really not necessary. And it was not, she is very pretty with and without make-up.

Her university studies have brought a definite change in her interest to make-up and I have now seen her using make-up more regularly in our video chats and time together. I have been amused by her seemingly sincere pride in developing her make-up skills: Being a student of art and design, she is clearly putting effort also in researching most suitable types and ways of make-up for her features. In Shanghai she showed me numerous pictures of make-up application examples and instructions she had collected to her mobile phone. She seems to be indeed now quite proficient in applying eye-liner, mascara and mild-coloured lipstick. But she is also using make-up in ways I was previously unaware of: she is using some light and dark colours at certain locations on and around her nose to create shadow effects and apparent change in the shape of her nose - quite clever!

Putting on make-up after shower in Xinxiang
What's even more cute, she seems to enjoy doing the make-up with me watching - on the spot or at a video-chat. On our 2013-01-02 video chat she wrote me:
我 现在 要 化妆 ( I now want to put on make-up )
你 可以 看 ( You can watch )
啊 哈 我 在 我 的 脸 上 画 画 ( Ha! I will paint on my face )
你 可以 看 到 我 的 变化 ( You can watch at my transformation )
Ready to party :-)
In any case, Jinlins change with make-up is reasonably mild. For more radical transformations of Asian women with and without make-up, you can look at this amazing comparison in ChinaSmack.

No comments:

Post a Comment