Sunday, September 2, 2012

She's so beautiful


Soon after returning from China I heard from radio Bruno Mars "Just they way you are":
Oh, her eyes, her eyes, make the stars look like they're not shining.  
Her hair, her hair, falls perfectly without her trying 
She's so beautiful, and I tell her every day
Yeah, I know, I know, when I compliment her she won't believe me
And it's so, it's so, sad to think that she don't see what I see
But every time she asks me do I look ok, I say
When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing, just the way you are
And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while
Because girl you're amazing, just the way you are(yeah)
Her lips, her lips, I could kiss them all day if she let me
Her laugh, her laugh, she hates but I think it's so sexy
She's so beautiful, and I tell her every day
Oh, you know, you know, you know, I'd never ask you to change
If perfect's what you're searching for then just stay the same
This reminded me of how I feel about beauty of Jinlin but how she, despite her absolutely lovely appearance, can occasionally be less confident about the way she looks, describe photos of her as "not beautiful" and even say she looks fat (!) I've seen such before but it still amazes me how often women seem to see their appearance in a more negative light than how external world sees them.

So, I want to let her lovely looks shine here :-)

Pictures sent by Jinlin during our remote months:



 

  


Pictures from our travel in Henan and Yunnan:



Maximum cuteness factor from childhood and teenage: 





Like in the Bruno Mars song, I try to tell Jinlin how beautiful I find her. In one of our emails after our trip, I wrote her:
... Darling, you are a very beautiful woman! I truly love your beauty You have beautiful eyes, beautiful nose and ears, beautiful face. You have lovely neck and very beautifully curving back. Your body is beautifully slender, yet has nice feminine shapes and curves, perfect waist, extremely attractive to me. You skin is beautifully smooth and firm, with beautiful tone. Darling, your beauty really stands out from the crowd. I am very lucky to have such beautiful Chinese girlfriend. I hope you will learn to see more of the beauty in yourself. 
As so often before, I was very touched by her reply:
I often don't have self-confidence, this comes when I was small, family influence. I often feel that I am not beautiful. But our travel was good. When you say I'm beautiful then I feel happy. This few days travel makes me feel so happy, beautiful, and excitement. We eat, we sleep, we buy clothes. We looked at each other, and I think it is so true, so beautiful. I hope you happy every day. I love you.

Of course, no one should become arrogant about their beauty, but one should still have a healthy positive image of oneself, one should appreciate ones looks to be more happy and self-confident. So all the ladies out there: I wish you can feel shiny and nice about yourselves today! And for the guys out there: keep telling your special ladies how you like the way they look :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment